Ask children what their favorite sweet snacks are, and we’re sure a large proportion of them would reply with cupcakes and cookies. What if we told you that this article would help you combine these absolute favorites into one yummy and easy-to-make dish with minimal effort and ingredients that are readily available. We bring the modern twist and ease of ready-made cookie dough to revolutionize how a traditional rocky road cookie cup is made. Not only is our process extremely kid-friendly, but it is also way faster, enjoyable, and safe to make with your children. It also retains the taste of the classic rocky road cookie cup. Here’s a handy recipe for your next Sunday brunch, birthday picnic, or just another warm day!
Rocky road cookie cups are preferred for more than just their taste; the ingredients are very readily available and easy to handle. You can visit our website to check out the baking boxes’ subscription.
- One tube (470 gm) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Two tablespoons miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds and other nuts, roasted.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
A few minutes for cooling
One cookie cup contains 103 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.
Follow these simple steps to make the perfect rocky road cookie cup:
- Set your oven to preheat at 350°.
- Shape the cookie dough into small balls.
- Grease 24 mini-muffin cups with oil.
- Press the shaped cookie dough balls into these cups. Ensure that it is done evenly onto the bottom and sides.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- With the help of a measuring spoon, make a small dent in the middle of each cup.
- Immediately put three mini marshmallows and half a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips in each cup.
- After sprinkling all cups with roasted almonds, please return them to the oven.
- Bake for a minute more.
- Let it cool for a few minutes, and voila! Serve with ice creams or cold coffee!
- Safety first, always!
Always wear appropriate clothing (like mittens, aprons, non-synthetic clothes) in the kitchen, more so when working with children to avoid mishaps and burs of any degree. To ensure children’s safety, Season Ville offers beautiful aprons for kids. Visit https://seasonsville.com/collections/baking-accessories/products/kid-craft-and-bake-aprons to know more.
- Roasting nuts.
To roast the almonds and other nuts, you can:
- spread them evenly on a pan and bake at 350° for a few minutes until brown
- Use a non-stick pan on low heat to roast them until lightly browned. Make sure you keep stirring them occasionally.
With our graciously packaged and delivered-to-your-door baking boxes that are designed primarily to get crafty and bake with children, you have everything you need to make such an easy and loved recipe. Make it a fun activity that involves your children, and let us know in the comments below how they liked it!